Body Flow training

Last post 01-15-2011, 8:37 AM by pykamik1. 6 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  12-28-2010, 4:29 PM 98169

Body Flow training

I am a Body Pump instructor and am now getting ready for my Flow training. I was just wondering what to expect from the training. How many tracks are we assigned, what is the challenge like (hopefully nothing like the Pump challenge), whatever else anyone can tell me. I am really excited about Flow training. I have been doing Flow for a little over a year now and LOVE it. Any advice or info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  •  12-29-2010, 11:38 AM 98235 in reply to 98169

Re: Body Flow training

I am also a Pump instructor moving onto Flow!!!!  Spending over $800 just to get trained, need to travel far... But my heart is with Flow and sooo very excited.. Any feedback would be great!
  •  12-29-2010, 8:32 PM 98260 in reply to 98169

Welcome to Flow! Our challenge was a 1.5 hour power yoga class -- don't know if it was all BodyFlow or a yoga class of the instructor's creation as I didn't know enough Flow to say. The usual preparations; I brought a couch cusion (my version of a yoga bolster) to sit on. Bring your own mat. Watch as much of the release you will be training on as you can before getting there; knowing the choreography in advance was a big help. We had to do one track for Saturday and one for Sunday. Good luck!!!!!

•  12-30-2010, 9:47 AM 98307 in reply to 98260

Thank you for the feedback!!!  I am so very excited to start Flow!!!
  •  12-31-2010, 9:12 PM 98396 in reply to 98307

Flow is my first love and was my first training just 6 months ago.  Our challenge was also 'power yoga'.  I trained in Combat over a month ago and I thought that was EASIER!  Flow was very emotional for me and since I was new to Les Mills the timing was strange to me.  I worried that I wasn't flexible enough.  Since you've been through other trainings I think you'll both have an easier time than I did.  Good luck and I'm excited for you! 

•  01-05-2011, 2:43 PM 98768 in reply to 98396

Our challenge was 1.5 hrs of power yoga, also.  We introduced our gym to Flow, so it was all completely new and foreign.  I was a Body Pump participant with no instructing background.  I was VERY unflexable, surprisingly weak, and completely out of my element.  By the 3rd day I was super emotional as well, and that is not my norm.  Pushing myself to my limits and out of my comfort zone was powerful!  That was 3 months ago and I can't believe the difference in my flexability, my body, and attitude towards life in general.  I LOVE FLOW!  Its amazing!  Good luck, you will love it!

•  01-15-2011, 8:37 AM 99566 in reply to 98169

The training will go fine. I trained six years ago and had a blast. You usually find muscles you didn't remember you had after the second day Big Smile The challenge depends on your trainer. We did all the power yoga and most intense pilates poses for an hour or so. My abs were on fire the next day! Geeked

If you've been doing BodyBalacen/Flow for a year now you'll know what's coming ! 

View as RSS news feed in XML