General (RSS 2.0)" href="http://w2.lesmills.com/Community/forums/rss.aspx?ForumID=30&Mode=0" />

SHBAM

Last post 08-04-2010, 8:45 PM by jvisch. 4 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  07-23-2010, 8:10 AM 89876

SHBAM

SHBAM is a complete blast!  Participants are loving it and feeling like rock stars!  The moves are simple enough to follow but with a little attitude and some fun arm lines even my dancer girls love it!  Having experienced the "other cardio dance class" as a participant and instructor SHBAM blows it out of the park with their play list alone!  Never mind that the moves are making people feel fantastic and not like X-rated go go girls, the chore is sassy enough yet simple enough for all to feel successfull, isn't that what you want for your participants?  People are leaving with big smiles and a lot more sweat than when they came in, I call that AWESOME!  

•  07-30-2010, 11:34 AM 90200 in reply to 89876

Re: SHBAM

Hi,

I'd love to know more about Sh'Bam. Where are you based? What makes the class so great? How is it different from BJ or other cardio-dance classes (apart from the music)? Sounds like you are really enjoying it!

thanks love

•  08-02-2010, 4:43 AM 90280 in reply to 90200

My club is just outside of Boston, MA, we have piloted ShBam for the month of July with great success.  The moves are easier than I found in Zumba which means participants feel better about "nailing the chore" without dance training.  Unlike Zumba where the instructor faces a mirror and always seems to be more concerned with themselves ShBam instructs facing the class, way more connecting to your participants and because the moves are so easy you can have a good time as an instructor while you motivate your class and help them feel like the rock star, not you!  It definitely has a more limited audience than some of the other les mills programs, but if Zumba has millions of people moving ShBam will have trillions!

•  08-02-2010, 7:30 AM 90292 in reply to 90280

Kim, ShBam sounds like it's going to be really good.  Can't wait to see it!  One clarification though, Zumba instructors in my area teach facing the participants, connect with members the entire time (dance with them, smiling, use their names, compliment their moves, etc...), and moves are really simple to pickup.  It's more popular than many of the Les Mills classes.  I love both LM classes and Zumba.  Adding ShBam will be awesome.   

•  08-04-2010, 8:45 PM 90488 in reply to 90280

kimizzi:

My club is just outside of Boston, MA, we have piloted ShBam for the month of July with great success.  The moves are easier than I found in Zumba which means participants feel better about "nailing the chore" without dance training.  Unlike Zumba where the instructor faces a mirror and always seems to be more concerned with themselves ShBam instructs facing the class, way more connecting to your participants and because the moves are so easy you can have a good time as an instructor while you motivate your class and help them feel like the rock star, not you!  It definitely has a more limited audience than some of the other les mills programs, but if Zumba has millions of people moving ShBam will have trillions!

Sorry that sounds more like a preference of instructor rather than program. 

View as RSS news feed in XML