BC Meal Plan

Last post 07-17-2010, 3:16 PM by chikboxr. 8 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  07-11-2010, 1:21 PM 89017

BC Meal Plan

What do you eat to stay in shape for Body Combat?

I've lost 20 pounds with Body Combat alone, but I'm trying to find a meal plan I can work with to lose my last 20 pounds, but still keep me energized for Body Combat. Smile

Here are some of the things I already eat:

Oatmeal

Herbalife shakes

Fruit shakes (no sugar)

Baked Chicken *** (plain)

Frozen Veggies

Baked potatoes (no toppings)

But there have been alot of times where I've been eating alot, and a bad meal in the day.

Any tips on eating healthier?

•  07-11-2010, 3:33 PM 89034 in reply to 89017

Re: BC Meal Plan

a couple of things that will make your diet better... fresh veggies not frozen, the more they are processed/cooked/changed between being picked and being eaten the more nutrients they loose, fruit shakes are good depending on how you make them... i favorite of mine is heaps of berries, milk and an egg if i need the protein with a bit of stevia (natural low calorie sweetener) which is really good in terms of pretty much everything but if your not using the whole furit your loosing some of the goodness, vary the type of meat you eat and make sure you include both red meat and fish each on a weekly basis, red meat for the iron which can give massive increases in energy levels if your low and fish for the omega 3 to keep your brain active and ready to go.

I have to keep a pretty strict diet despite exercising like crazy thanks to a lovely metabolic disorder but this is what a usual diet consists of

brekky:  raw muesli with extra almonds and dried fruit

Morning snack: some kind of fruit, maybe some more nuts or a coffee

Lunch: I love minter cos i can make a big pot of soup on the weekend then have it for lunch all week so its usually a veggie soup, in summer some variety of salad with lentils/chickpeas/tuna or if i dont have time to make it just tuna with multigrain crackers

afternoon snack: yogurt and some more fruit

dinner: depends on the day, current favorites are roast veggie and pasta salad which is your choice of veggies (i like eggplant, zuchinni, capsicum, tomato and add some lentils for protein and add a bit of feta cheese for taste) but just change it to what you like... you can also do it with things like rrice or couscous if you wanted a change (pumpkin goes really well with these two)

other dinners are also fritata which is whatever veggies cooked up and stuck together with beaten up eggs and sprinkled with cheese and casseroles with heaps of veggies 

after dinner: usually more fruit or i might reward myself with a little bit of dark chocolate 

Hope this helps! i know how hard it can be eating healthy especially if the rest of the family isn't into it!!

good luck Big Smile

•  07-11-2010, 6:39 PM 89044 in reply to 89017

From what you just described, you aren't getting enough fat (fat doesn't make you fat so don't worry).

The above poster had lots of great ideas.

•  07-11-2010, 10:59 PM 89059 in reply to 89034

Thanks for the tips!

The only thing is, I don't eat fish, but I do eat meat.

My dad buys those omega 3 fish oil pills, do you reccomend I take it for a replacement of not eating fish? Not every day, but start off with 2-3 times a week?

I eat ground turkey (jennie-o), some red meat, but usually i'll eat baked chicken.

I also love love love salads, I like to switch it up every now and then too, so I don't get sick of them.

My fruit shakes consist of : 2% milk (the only kind my mom buys), whole strawberries (fresh or frozen, depending on what I have), alta dena fat-free yogurt, 1 banana and a little packet of splenda.

^^^^^In regards to my shake that I make, can I put an egg in that for protein?

How about those Light Progresso soups? Do you know if those are okay to eat once and a while? My mom doesn't usually buy things I can make a soup with.

•  07-12-2010, 2:28 AM 89066 in reply to 89059

Eggs are ok source of protein but it has cholestorel and fat in the yolk.  I would suggest to eat the whites only if you wanted to be lean.  I would also suggest some kind of protein shake because it has good amounts of amino acids.  Also, fish pills does not replace fish.  Pills should never replace meals at all, but they are a good source for the body.  Salads are best during the night.  Carbs meals should be during the morning and day.  Progresso soups are good too.

•  07-12-2010, 3:58 AM 89079 in reply to 89066

eggs do have fat and cholesterol in them but the fat is the polyunsaturated fat which is good for your heart and can lower cholesterol and the cholesterol is dietary cholesterol which is in no way linked to blood cholestorol which is the one you need to worry about. So yes, adding an egg into a shake is good to increase the protein, I sometimes do this when i want to make the shake a meal to make it more filling for longer. And a small amounts of the good fat can help with weight loss because it will fill you for longer than carbs and is also really important in your general well being which becomes even more important the more you exercise

I'm personally not a fan of the whole protein shake thing. I prefer to eat natural foods than the artificial crap that's in the protein powders but I'm not sure if they actually have any health risks

•  07-12-2010, 4:44 AM 89084 in reply to 89079

ANNIE92:

I'm personally not a fan of the whole protein shake thing. I prefer to eat natural foods than the artificial crap that's in the protein powders but I'm not sure if they actually have any health risks

Yeah, I agree with that. You just don't know what these protein shakes are composed of. I prefer to take natural food like eggs.

•  07-15-2010, 4:44 PM 89364 in reply to 89084

Another suggestion - rather than having 3 big meals a day, graze all day. Have a smaller breakfast, then maybe a peice of fruit 2 hours later, then a smaller lunch, then make a shake in the afternoon, have something else when you leave work, smaller dinner.

IE eat little but often. Break down your portions in your main meals into smaller sizes, but allowed yourself to graze throughout the day. But you gotta graze on good stuff! Carrot sticks, fruit, low fat crackers, no fat yoghurt etc.

Certified RPM Instructor, about to do my CX-30 training. Keen Combat and Balance participant, currently studying Cert III in Fitness. Ride it like you stole it!
  •  07-17-2010, 3:16 PM 89483 in reply to 89364

Definitely agree with snacking all day -- keeping your metabolism running all day instead of start-stop. Wondering why you do not eat fish -- taste, availability, don't know what to do with it? I eat a lot of salmon and our local Wegman's (Yes) has a huge variety of frozen individual fish portions that are convenient, delicious and easy (pan grill 'em). I've dropped 60 myself with Combat; congratulations on your success!
View as RSS news feed in XML