Ideas for Jam Shoes to replace Nike Shox Cameo?

Last post 02-03-2010, 1:17 AM by fluffie_bunnie. 8 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  02-01-2010, 7:10 AM 76040

Ideas for Jam Shoes to replace Nike Shox Cameo?

I have loved my last few pairs of Nike Shox dance shoes, but now they don't seem to be in production anymore.  I've had the Nike Musique before, but they weren't supportive enough.  The only other options I see online are split sole dance shoes, which (IMHO) may intimidate members into thinking the class is only for trained dancers.  Does anyone have any suggestions for supportive sneaker-styled shoes with the pivot circle on the sole?  Thanks in advance for any tips!

Nothing you do for a child is ever wasted.
  •  02-01-2010, 8:01 AM 76046 in reply to 76040

Re: Ideas for Jam Shoes to replace Nike Shox Cameo?

I'd like to know, too. I'm really bummed Nike has stopped making those awesome Qvida boots :(

Analyse capitalism Choose revolution Demand chocolate
  •  02-01-2010, 9:03 AM 76048 in reply to 76046

Anything modeled after a basketball shoe or a skate shoe should have a turning circle on the forefoot. Nike Dunks - or some facsimile thereof - are often worn by the presenters on the DVD (and have a way more authentic BodyJam look than split soled dance shoes).
  •  02-01-2010, 10:34 AM 76052 in reply to 76040

One of our instructors wore her Nike boots for our BJ51 launch with the comment she had to get some more use out of them.  I think those high boots are pretty much for launches, eh?

Our stage has carpet and pivot circles are a necesity.  If your stage isn't carpeted, how important are dance shoes?

As BJ continues to get/stay physical, I'd be leery of Shox since the added height in the heels has to lend itself to turned ankles.

Our instructors are always stylish and dressy, so I have to agree that plain old trainers won't work.

My two cents,

Rex

Check out my facebook page. I'm always looking for a few good friends. Oh, Excuse me... May I motivate you?
  •  02-01-2010, 11:07 AM 76059 in reply to 76052

RexFury:

Our stage has carpet and pivot circles are a necesity.  If your stage isn't carpeted, how important are dance shoes?

As BJ continues to get/stay physical, I'd be leery of Shox since the added height in the heels has to lend itself to turned ankles.

We have hardwood, but over time it has become a little "sticky", so dance shoes help.  My feet are flat, so that may be why I enjoy the Shox.  When I wear shoes with a lower heel (like the Musique, the only shoe Nike is marketing for dance right now), I feel pain in the plantar fascia area during the house bouncing moves.

I have worn some skater shoes, which slide and spin fine on the floor, but are made to fit loose and hard to lace up to my desired level of snugness for dancing.

Nothing you do for a child is ever wasted.
  •  02-01-2010, 12:09 PM 76071 in reply to 76059

Annice:
    I have worn some skater shoes, which slide and spin fine on the floor, but are made to fit loose and hard to lace up to my desired level of snugness for dancing.

IMHO, this is an excellent and often overlooked point.  I like to feel the floor through my shoes, so thin socks and shoes laced just right tight.

Rex

Check out my facebook page. I'm always looking for a few good friends. Oh, Excuse me... May I motivate you?
  •  02-01-2010, 3:25 PM 76089 in reply to 76071

I agree that the classic split sole dance shoe isn't as "authentic" as other kinds of shoes...the concern about using the current Nike dance shoes that look awesome for club is that I'm not sure they're the business for Latin where you want to push through the ball of your foot. That's why I got spoiled and kind of used to the Qvida Nike sneaker ( as opposed to a Bloch sneaker).

So those of y'all that are using the Nike Air Troupe find that it works for all the genres of Jam we're experiencing right now? Like, could you wear those ( or Dunks) to do the Contemporary Rock Blocks from previous releases?

Analyse capitalism Choose revolution Demand chocolate
  •  02-02-2010, 10:34 PM 76202 in reply to 76089

shim: I now wear Nike Air Troupe Mid for 99% of my Jam classes and are loving it! No problem on doing any Latin tracks, and good Air cushioning support (might be too much for some tho). Runs a bit narrow so get 1/2 size bigger..
  •  02-03-2010, 1:17 AM 76215 in reply to 76202

I'm a huge fan of the Capezio Brian Feidman boots.  They look cool as anything and are brilliantly comfy for jam.

Google "Frontline B Free Elite" to find some pics.

Beth Smile

View as RSS news feed in XML