Body Combat Certification

Last post 07-31-2009, 8:51 AM by RachelEFC. 5 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  07-22-2009, 6:36 AM 63326

Body Combat Certification

Hi All

It's been about 12 months since I last participated in a Body Combat class and I am due to go through my training and certification in the next couple of months.  I am a Personal Trainer with a reasonable level of fitness, and I teach RPM/Spinning 7 times a week and Pump 4 times a week.  Can anyone suggest a suitable plan for ensuring my fitness/strength and flexibility are suitable for Combat?  I want my level of fitness to be such that I can inspire and motivate my class.

Thanks for any help...

B

•  07-22-2009, 1:55 PM 63350 in reply to 63326

Re: Body Combat Certification

the best thing for combat class fitness is to do combat.
  •  07-23-2009, 1:14 AM 63383 in reply to 63350

Given that you are already a PT with a lot of existing classes I would have thought you were already fit enough for combat.

What you won't have (unless you have a martial arts background) is technique. And that is what they will teach you on the course.

Please read my blog at: www.grandnat.co.uk
  •  07-24-2009, 1:48 PM 63475 in reply to 63383

I'd hit up youtube.com and watch some BC videos there and practice them at home when you can, watch for form. Uppers are close to the body and not angled towards you..45 out showing off your biceps. Hooks are slightly up and down(elbow up fist down) round houses come around, side kicks push out. Pay attention to those details practice them with the video and go from there I guess, if you can make an actual class you'll be better off. But form is a good thing to know and show your levels!

I kick, therefore I am....
  •  07-25-2009, 12:22 PM 63517 in reply to 63475

I just did lots and lots of combat (3-4 days in a row) to get my shoulders, arms and the rest of the body used to the intencity or the punches! I think it really helped me through my training course as it is very intense, expecially with technique training and the challenge!!  
  •  07-31-2009, 8:51 AM 63841 in reply to 63326

Prior to my Combat training, I was also teaching Pump and Spin.  Though I found that Combat training was more difficult than Pump, I don't know that there is really anything else you can do to prepare except for as others mentioned... more Combat.

View as RSS news feed in XML