Wanting to become a Body Pump instructor

Last post 06-04-2009, 6:09 AM by fitgirl1. 8 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  06-01-2009, 11:33 PM 59537

Wanting to become a Body Pump instructor

Want to undertake the next Pump training. I've read that you have to submit a video? is that compusory because I thought you only had to do that if you wanted to be a group exercise leader not instructor (G.E.L)
  •  06-02-2009, 3:55 AM 59556 in reply to 59537

Re: Wanting to become a Body Pump instructor

it is mandatory for instructor, otherwise you'll not get your license. Concider it as a the qualifying exam Smile first you have to pass the training. That will be announced in the end of the training, you might get status "shadow other instructors", "go ahead instucting solo" or even "failed/repeat training". Then you have 3 months time to deliver the video/DVD of your own class. It's not that bad and the more you instruct classes before the video, the more confident you'll become. Good luck! 
  •  06-02-2009, 11:20 PM 59628 in reply to 59537

Also, in addition to the above post you need to register (after getting full video certification), with the state fitness body (Fitness Australia), so that you are 'covered by insurance'. Don't forget that you need to get first aid certificate and submit with the video as well to get you full G.E.L qualification.
  •  06-02-2009, 11:30 PM 59629 in reply to 59628

Group Exercise Leader= Instructor

Doing the GEL programme only allows you to teach Les Mills, not any freestyle or gym floor/PT.

Filming is fine..enjoy your module!

•  06-03-2009, 9:29 PM 59740 in reply to 59629

Wanting to become a Body Pump Assessor, where do I apply? 

"Too often we...enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." —John F. Kennedy Body Pump Intercession Song - Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/?lubobvs6s7su7sj
  •  06-03-2009, 9:34 PM 59742 in reply to 59740

I suppose you have to apply for a job at LesMills..? Or what did you mean? You wish to asses the instructors or the program itself?
  •  06-04-2009, 2:52 AM 59754 in reply to 59742

Ninnair:
    I suppose you have to apply for a job at LesMills..? Or what did you mean? You wish to asses the instructors or the program itself?
    The video assessor who gets to critique the new instructors, that would be fun.
    "Too often we...enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." —John F. Kennedy Body Pump Intercession Song - Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/?lubobvs6s7su7sj
  •  06-04-2009, 3:02 AM 59755 in reply to 59740

HellRazoR:

Wanting to become a Body Pump Assessor, where do I apply? 

You need to be a BP Instructor and you also need to ideally be a Les Mills Trainer. To become an asessor Module 1 clearance. One 7.5 hour workshop on becoming an Assesor, then three certification videos.

Also need a number of years experience teaching BP.

So you need to become a BP Instructor :)

•  06-04-2009, 6:09 AM 59769 in reply to 59755

Ideally??

No brainer, you have to be a trainer, take modules( as in, teach newbies )..and then, perhaps,if the availablity is there, assess.

Not all Trainers are assessors..

HellRazor, I know you said it with tongue well in cheek..cheeky monkey!

View as RSS news feed in XML