General (RSS 2.0)" href="http://w2.lesmills.com/Community/forums/rss.aspx?ForumID=30&Mode=0" />

DVD's available for download

Last post 03-02-2009, 8:12 AM by dbmancine. 14 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  02-23-2009, 8:23 PM 52747

DVD's available for download

I have seen most of the latest releases available for download. BJ, BC and BS master class is available on torrent sites. I wonder if Lesmills knows about it.
  •  02-23-2009, 10:34 PM 52755 in reply to 52747

Re: DVD's available for download

I've seen them too... and for BALANCE
  •  02-24-2009, 4:48 AM 52798 in reply to 52755

me too - seen the combat (newest 39 ) availb n jam releases n step n attack ones there to download - doubt that lawsuits warnings they come with are highly enforced!

SMILLING is OPTIONAL QUITTING is NOT
  •  02-24-2009, 5:54 AM 52802 in reply to 52798

I'm always getting participants coming to me saying how much they like the next release and I hadn't even been on the module training yet never mind getting the DVD!!
  •  02-24-2009, 7:08 AM 52808 in reply to 52802

There's one particular "person" who seems to put everything up on torrent sites as soon as they are available - so is he or she an LM employee or trainer?

I get grumpy about this because I pay for my DVDs but it must be nigh on impossible to police this. However with a little detective work it is possible to identify the posters of this material as they are often sloppy with their usernames on social networking sites as well and you can match them up.

Please read my blog at: www.grandnat.co.uk
  •  02-24-2009, 1:14 PM 52842 in reply to 52808

otherside of the coin....why are you looking at torrent site? Stick out tongue
  •  02-24-2009, 10:26 PM 52894 in reply to 52842

A participant asked me which release we are doing and the next day she said to me she is downloading it. I couldn't believe that original master class would be available. So i googled it and it is there. 

•  02-26-2009, 7:46 AM 53021 in reply to 52894

Hello,

Well, I searched a bit too and I agree with you, you can find the bodycombat relase 39 already.

Personaly I think it's not a big deal because you wont learn the choregraphy with that and it's just to see the moves and the music it's just fun for all the people who cant go to the NZ.

You ll watch 2-3 times and after you ll feel bored because it's 1 hour of video then a bit boring without doing it :)

Enjoy new relases

See yuWink

•  02-26-2009, 8:09 AM 53024 in reply to 53021

roba:

Personaly I think it's not a big deal because you wont learn the choregraphy with that ......

I think you will find that's what the video is designed for!! Tongue Tied

(Funny how these people never have a completed profile?). Wink

•  02-26-2009, 11:26 AM 53033 in reply to 53024

Hi

If you're a trainer yes you will use it for that but personally at home I'm not doing my body combat in my living room Big Smile I'm just watching it for fun and for the music.

Even though you can get the video you can't learn the full choregraphy ^^

it's my point of view ;-)

About the profile I agree I didn't take the time to do it then I will ;-)

•  02-26-2009, 2:02 PM 53045 in reply to 53033

Roba:

Well actually you can learn the full chorry from watching the DVD, how do you think instructors learn it!!!!!

•  02-26-2009, 3:30 PM 53051 in reply to 53033

Roba:

Confused

I'm an instructor. I buy legit copies of the videos. I have managed to learn every release from 20-38 (and 8-19 from a set of videos I was given by a retiring instructor) using the video. That isn't a point of view - it is a fact.

Please read my blog at: www.grandnat.co.uk
  •  02-27-2009, 4:23 AM 53088 in reply to 53051

Agree with Roger, I learn chorey from the DVD and then cross check the notes just for the cues and tips. Chorey notes often contain errors.
    BodyAttack - Everything else is just a warm up
  •  02-28-2009, 4:47 AM 53161 in reply to 53088

If participants are keen enough to search torrent sites, download a low quality video and learn the choreo from that video, then they must be pretty passionate about it! These are the sort of participants that will be future instructors!! In a way, I am not too against it, I would feel thrilled if I was able to inspire my class participants to that level of passion!
  •  03-02-2009, 8:12 AM 53259 in reply to 53161

So here's the reality:  if LM knows which sites & which programs are being used, the videos can usually be removed.  It takes us, as the mgt & instructor community that wants to protect our certs & effort we've all put into legally obtaining videos & chorey - to provide the direct links where stuff is located to LM to get it removed.  You can always leave link info on my profile (dbmancine) and I'll get it to legal at LMI to get it removed. 

For us, best cure is prevention -  don't copy your music / DVD files onto personal computers or shared files. Don't lend it to other instructors to "have a peek."  Don't give it to members who really like a specific song.  Reality is, It's a breach of instructor agreements (not to copy or reproduce files).  When we do - it just makes it that much easier for people to abuse the system.  Also a bit of a bugger & not fair for "law abiding" instructors who purchase their music / go to quarterlies / stay updated. 

If LM does become aware of instructors that are uploading, copying or sharing resources, they have the ability to end that instructor's instructor agreement or suspend certification.

Might not seem like a big deal - but it's huge.  Lowers the quality of what we do when uncertified instructors are using any pieces/bits of our programs/music/chorey;  even for consumers - why do you need a gym & class if you can get it all online?  even if it's crap quality...

if you know of sites or see stuff - I'm happy to pass it along - feel free!

off my soap box

B

View as RSS news feed in XML