How many calories do we burn in one BC class?

Last post 02-19-2009, 4:44 AM by CathCampbell. 32 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
  •  08-11-2008, 6:13 PM 38224

How many calories do we burn in one BC class?

How many calories do we burn in one Combat class?

•  08-11-2008, 9:37 PM 38233 in reply to 38224

Re: How many calories do we burn in one BC class?

there was a thread on this in the Attack form about combat classes.

generally though around 600 is what  can expect to burn, but it also depends on your body, i.e height , weight, body fat %, muscle % , level of fitness etc..

SMILLING is OPTIONAL QUITTING is NOT
  •  08-12-2008, 2:09 AM 38242 in reply to 38233

how many weight watchers points???
  •  08-12-2008, 7:45 AM 38255 in reply to 38233

Thanx, gym-junkie!

My member asked me yesterday and I was like 600?? I was not sure...I told her that I will find out.

It all depend how much you get into moves, so they'd better give 100%, yeah? I am really new to this...thank you for the info.

I will check into the Attack ForumsBig Smile

•  08-12-2008, 7:51 AM 38256 in reply to 38242

?? I don't know how to find out weight watchers points....Sad
  •  08-12-2008, 12:36 PM 38272 in reply to 38256

My highest on bc35 was 996cals but cant quite match it on 36.

JB

Nunc Est Bibendum
  •  08-12-2008, 12:48 PM 38273 in reply to 38272

Hey, JB!

That is awesomeYes

You must have killer techniques! So it is all up to the person and effort….I sayWink

H

•  08-12-2008, 6:15 PM 38283 in reply to 38224

It depends on WAY too many factors to give you one answer.

Some of the factors:

• Your size (height, weight, muscle mass. Bigger you are = more calories you'll burn, sorta. Also has a downward trend though, if you're bigger and therefore don't jump around as much etc ... not a perfect equation but a guide.)
    • Gender (partly related to size) Men tend to burn more than women
    • How hard you work in that one class (You can take the same class and burn totally different numbers of calories depending on this)
    • How tired you are, run-down, etc - ties in to how hard you work
    • Whether you're an instructor or member (instructors have to talk = higher HR)
    • The temperature in the room (higher temp tends to = higher HR)
    • The release (i.e. how many jumping kicks? How much lateral or fwd/bkwd work? The more you move, the higher your calorie burn will be)

As I said, too many factors. The only way to know how many calories you burn is strap on a HR monitor and use that to guide you.

I think it would be no exaggeration to say the range can be from 300 to over 1000 calories/class, depending on all of the above. I am an instructor, female, 5-5, pretty light, and I burn between 400-almost 600 (never actually hit the 600 mark though, tend to tap out at around 560.) But that's just me ...

Check out HR monitors with calorie counters, they'll give you a good indication of what you burn.

•  08-13-2008, 6:09 AM 38307 in reply to 38283

One of the female students from my Combat class wears a HR monitor and she usually burns 360 to 440 calories during one class. I know I must burn more than she does since I am teaching and doing more intense moves, (trying to maintain as close to perfect form as possible). BC is really new to our gym and my class needs to learn correct form and techniques, I think if a person is using correct form and maintaining proper tempo they should also burn more calories.

I would like to get a HR monitor. Any recommendation?

Thanks for the info. This will help to explain and educate at my classGeeked

H
  •  08-13-2008, 6:25 AM 38309 in reply to 38307

I wear a HR monitor and usually burn between 460 to 500 calories (I'm a female participant).  I always put 100% in every class and the air con doesnt work very well in our studio so that probably makes a difference.
    Go Hard or Go Home!!!!
  •  08-13-2008, 8:07 AM 38318 in reply to 38309

Im a male instructor, around 1.80m and 77 kg (just to give you an indication). I burn at least 700+ calories in a 45 minute format class, and have peaked just over 1000 calories in one or two intense one hour class (special factors:relaunch so extra excited, full class, hot day and aircon not coping...).

Lisardo

•  08-13-2008, 8:13 PM 38340 in reply to 38307

hmccumber:

I would like to get a HR monitor. Any recommendation?

I've had two so far, one is actually a running computer, but I'd recommend as a basic model the Polar F6. It'll measure your HR, count calories, etc, and doesn't cost too much (compared to the hundreds of dollars that some of the pricier ones cost.) I'm a big fan of Polar, I've had good luck with them so far.

•  08-20-2008, 7:33 AM 38730 in reply to 38224

Hi!

May be I will say heer nothing very new - but just a personal experience...

I am a female participant, not an instructor, but I always do my best at Body Combat (at least I would like to think so :-). I normally wear a Heart Rate Monitor only during my RPM Classes - so during a regular class I burn about 430-480 calories, at Extreme it may be 560-590. But Body Combat looks very different - it comes to 650-690; my heigh is 172 and weigh is 62kg. As it was said correcly - the heavier and the taller you are - the more you burn, men burn more - no surprise here. Our RPM instructor is a big guy, so he ususally sets the target of 800-1000 calories, laughing that we must really woirk hard - I can collapse on the bike, but I will never make it to 1000 during even Extreme. Which is normal. Suggestion - try a heart rate monitor and you will see the the Combat is indeed one of the most intense classes.

Best wishes,

Elena 

So much to say, so little time...
  •  08-20-2008, 7:47 AM 38731 in reply to 38730

I guess I am not burning much compare to those tall and strong man. I am 159 cm and about 48 kg, so I won't burn 1000 cal per class, not a chanceSad. I am an instructor and I will do my best every time I teach. Well, it is time to get heart rate monitor!!! It seems like man can lose weight faster, burn calories more and what else? Not fare!!!Hmm

Thanks,

Hiromi

•  09-01-2008, 12:56 AM 39395 in reply to 38731

Both Michela002 is not online. Last active: 08-30-2008, 5:47 AM Michela002 and Lisardo are good instructersBig Smile. Becous Michela002 tell the criteria for what who burns callories, and Lisardo give a concreet excemple for it. I have burned up to 1000 callories in one class. I am 183 and wight up to 80+ that time... The fitness-level and scill level are importent. Special for the kicks. The bigger the muscless are, the more callories they burn. In ex., you will burn more in the Tea-Kwon-do track, or Kapoeira-track then the fighting-tracks. Becous of the you are youse the feets, and not the arms... Therfor both BodyStep and BodyAttack are more kallorie-killers then BodyCombat. But, on the ather hand, sense it is more lunghs and now, Hight-knees, they are  bould up for it.
    Liv hard, train hard, Die hard:-D!!!
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML