Video/dvd assessment submissions

Last post 09-22-2008, 2:12 PM by in2insight. 5 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  09-15-2008, 10:24 PM 40286

Video/dvd assessment submissions

Hey all, im wanting to do my dvd assessment but as normal (i hope) im slightly nervous (hence why i keep putting it off) but im going to bite the bullet and just do it... this will be my first time ever doing a video for LM so i was hoping if anyone could give me any suggestions or advice what to do/not do etc.... and how it all sort of works?

Many thanks in advance for your helpBig Smile

•  09-16-2008, 4:27 AM 40302 in reply to 40286

Re: Video/dvd assessment submissions

Hey Vickie, you go for it girl!! Video assessment doesn't have to be a big deal. Don't feel that you HAVE to send in your first attempt. It is a great way to assess yourself and if you video it thinking you probably won't send it in, you will be that much more relaxed and then it will probably be fine to send in anyway!!!

I taped my Balance class 4 times before I sent it in!!! Probably that was a bit unnecessary but never mind!!

The main things are to make sure you stay in frame for the majority of the class - pretty easy except for the interactive cardio section - and make sure you can hear yourself well when you replay it. If you can, get another instructor to take a look at it for you and then use their feedback if you decide to retape. I think you are allowed a couple of chorey mistakes so if you have been teaching the release for a few weeks you should be fine.

Try not to be nervous - forget the camera is there if you can and just have fun, be yourself, I am sure you will do well.

Good luck!

•  09-17-2008, 10:41 PM 40505 in reply to 40286

Hi Vickie,

I think the important thing is to remember that you can video tape as many times as you want, so if you aren't 100% happy with your first video, just video your next class.  It is always a bit scary having the video camera there (well, that is how I feel), but just pretend it isn't there and teach your class with the same skill and enthusiasm as you always do!

Also, remember to always set up posture well and get in the important set up cues.

•  09-18-2008, 4:47 AM 40523 in reply to 40505

Hi Vickie

Good luck with the taping relax and remember all you need to do is show you know your chorrey, and can produce all elements required to teach a programme.

In Vive especially they particularly watch out to see if you continually reinforce proper knee alignment and joint saftey, particularly in "squat taps, Hamstring Curls and Lunges."  Do this in your scripting and also performance, make sure you increase your depth in these moves when showing the options and stay with it unless you are giving the lower options.  Don't forget to give the basic option and progress the full range of motion, so that everyone in the class is catered for.

They don't expect a perfect class all round so you don't need to be too hard on yourself if you show all areas well then no need to retape just watch your class check the check list in your training manual and if you are satisfied all areas have been covered well then submit the tape. You can get a pass and still have areas highlighted that need improvement, that's ok as long as you take this advice and work with it.

Good luck and let us know how you went.

Hi Vive!

Always Be the Best You Can, Never Ever, Ever Give Up! Dare to be Different! What You See is What You Get!
  •  09-19-2008, 2:20 AM 40591 in reply to 40523

Thanks Sam,Elyse and Connie for your advice im still nervous but since i really want to be fully certified thats the drive to just do it.

Thanks again gorgeous girls

•  09-22-2008, 2:12 PM 40782 in reply to 40591

The release notes will remind you as to what the assessor is looking for, technique wise.

Remember to be yourself, have fun, engage the members!

If you are fuzzy on the 3 part teaching model, give yourself a brush up.

Have fun!

View as RSS news feed in XML