Gloves for Combat

Last post 10-10-2007, 6:48 PM by Stud_Muffin. 8 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  09-26-2007, 8:02 AM 14919

Gloves for Combat

Anyone tried these for Combat?

http://store.everlastboxing.com/everlast-evergel-glove-wraps.html
  •  09-29-2007, 7:26 PM 15247 in reply to 14919

Re: Gloves for Combat

I usually start class with one pound fingerless weighted gloves. Sometimes I don't take them off, but sometimes I only wear them for half the class. I have seen people wear two pound fingerless gloves. Most people who wear gloves do it only for show.

PFlamB11
  •  09-29-2007, 9:46 PM 15248 in reply to 15247

I don't like wraps and am glad you found that link! Now I'll have something to wear when I start Muay Thai again.

You're right, most people wear gloves for show in Combat. Its like dressing up for Jam I suppose. It's all in fun until someone starts thinking they can ESK a large dude in an alley!Stick out tongue 

Personally weighted gloves and gelwraps seem less silly than the weight-training gloves I see some folks wear. Wrong discipline, guysConfused 

Analyse capitalism Choose revolution Demand chocolate
  •  09-30-2007, 11:38 AM 15260 in reply to 15248

Hey, I love wearing my weight training gloves, partially so I don't have to spend time wrapping wraps, so to speak, they're also useful when I have pump before/after combat. I tried changing between both classes and it just seemed an unnecessary hassle.  Although, I am tempted by the pink handwraps at the mo but not sure I have the guts to wear them yet!

Becky

•  09-30-2007, 1:26 PM 15272 in reply to 14919

I had the hot pink pair. I tried them a couple of times but ended up taking them back. They were way to hot for me to wear. They don't really breathe at all. I prefer the wraps as they feel better on my hands. What I don't like is the time it takes to wrap for every class!
  •  09-30-2007, 8:21 PM 15280 in reply to 15272

Nike has a pair of weight training gloves that have cammo and pink on them...I love love love them.....I personally can't stand to combat without gloves....I feel naked....Embarrassed
  •  10-01-2007, 1:47 AM 15344 in reply to 15304

When starting with BC I always thought wearing handwraps (or gloves) was a bit overdoing it. Until I got a pair for my birthday. It really helps focusing on my hands and squeezing them tighter to train my arm muscles more.

And it just looks really cool... Cool

•  10-01-2007, 9:41 AM 15304 in reply to 14919

My friend has these and loves them.  I have used the handwraps, which I choose not to do anymore.  Takes too long to put on and they don't breathe at all.  I use the mock wrap gloves by Harbinger (training grip wrist wrap). 

I prefer my participants to wear gloves.  Completes the look, plus, if you are a participant watching yourself in the mirror, you can actually see your hands better and see where the punch is going with gloves on you.

•  10-10-2007, 6:48 PM 16110 in reply to 15304

I've never tried gloves. I started using hand wraps from early on and never used anything else since. I guess the fact i do boxing and muay thai helps the hand wraps. I have about 12 pairs and about 7 different colours. I have black red white yellow bright green purple and pink. Used the pink but takes a bit of courage. Prefer hand wraps though. Looks better and more hardcore lol.
View as RSS news feed in XML