Are there DVDs for sale ?

Last post 09-19-2007, 12:52 PM by mirramar. 10 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  09-15-2007, 9:15 AM 14174

Are there DVDs for sale ?

I just joined a club that has all the LesMills routines. I especially like body pump. I've never been very good at motivating myself to excercise on my own. So I really enjoy having a trainer take me through these moves.

I sometime travel (by car) for work and as a result can't always get to class during the week. Is there a DVD for sale that I can buy to take on the road with me? Since I travel in my car, it's no problem to bring a step and some weights with me to use in a hotel room.

Jim

•  09-15-2007, 9:38 AM 14175 in reply to 14174

Re: Are there DVDs for sale ?

dvd's unfortunately aren't available unless you are a Les Mills instructor Wink
  •  09-15-2007, 2:22 PM 14186 in reply to 14174

Only LMI licensed instructors have access to Les Mills DVD's.  Continue to attend classes and enjoy the great music and workouts!  
  •  09-15-2007, 6:21 PM 14201 in reply to 14186

Hey Jim,

As the others have mentioned DVD's are an educational tool for instructors use only, so that your instructors can deliver a safe, effective and fun workout for you.  Sounds like it's working as you want more.

It can be hard when your job involves travelling however there are many gyms across the states that provide Les Mills Body Pump classes, so you can probably catch a class on the run so to speak.  Some gyms even offer discounts for businessmen who travel or give trial classes for free.  Give it a shot, why miss out when it is not necessary. 

To find classes in the areas you travel, just click on "Class Locator" to the left hand side of the screen and follow the prompts you should be able to find a gym nearby.  Good Luck! Yes

Happy Pumping!

Always Be the Best You Can, Never Ever, Ever Give Up! Dare to be Different! What You See is What You Get!
  •  09-16-2007, 3:58 AM 14221 in reply to 14201

The class locator doesn't work. I've tried it several times (including today), and it doesn't work.

•  09-16-2007, 5:31 PM 14252 in reply to 14221

Hi Mirra

Just tried "class locator", it's works here in NSW, Australia on Monday 17.9.07 at 10.30am. On this site it is Sunday 16th September, 5.32pm.

Hopefully, it will work for you next time you're online.  Good Luck!

Happy Pumping!

Always Be the Best You Can, Never Ever, Ever Give Up! Dare to be Different! What You See is What You Get!
  •  09-17-2007, 5:41 AM 14288 in reply to 14252

Maybe it doesn't work in the States. It gets to the point where it tells me how many classes are available in my location, but when I click for results, I get an error message. I've tried several times since joining the site and it never works.

I'll be travelling over the next month and a half, so though it might be nice to find some Les Mills classes nearby.

•  09-17-2007, 5:53 AM 14289 in reply to 14288

Try Google....
  •  09-17-2007, 12:34 PM 14317 in reply to 14289

Ok, it worked this time. Maybe there's something wrong with my desktop. . . I'm working off-site and checked from my laptop, and I was able to access the different locations.

Question: has anyone ever gone out of town and managed to sweet-talk a gym (or person that works at a gym, rather) into letting you work out there for a week in exchange for a small fee? I'm going to be out of town for a month, and will be in various places for one week at a time. My gym is not national - so I was hoping that maybe some places MIGHT let me pay a bit of money to take classes there for a week. Any experience or tips?

•  09-17-2007, 12:43 PM 14320 in reply to 14317

Most clubs offer a  free week to try out their club and classes IF they think you might join and might also let you pay for a week's worth too.  Give it a try!  
  •  09-19-2007, 12:52 PM 14452 in reply to 14320

I don't feel honest acting like I might be interested in joining if I know that it's not a possibility at all. I found a gym in Kansas that offers Les Mills classes, dropped an email to the person in charge of group fitness, told him that I take Les Mills classes at the gym in my hometown, will be in Kansas for a couple of weeks and would love to take classes while in town. He called today and said a pass would be waiting for me at the front desk! I'm so excited! It's always fun to take classes from new instructors. (well, sometimes not, but I'm sure I'll enjoy myself).

View as RSS news feed in XML