body combat and weight loss

Last post 04-26-2011, 8:38 PM by khyche. 1 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
  •  04-25-2011, 6:32 PM 107170

body combat and weight loss

Hello!

I have recently started doing body combat and I love it!!!! Its such a great workout and I sweat so much more than I ever have working out on machines. I am trying to shed of some pounds for summer weather (if it ever gets here) and would like to know how often I should be trying to do body combat in order to increase my weight loss outcome (along with a proper diet).

I am 5'4 and 165 lbs, how any calories do you think I burn during the class?

Thanks for your help!

Lisa
  •  04-26-2011, 8:38 PM 107254 in reply to 107170

Re: body combat and weight loss

Hi, Lisa!

I burn somewhere between 500 and 800 calories in every BodyCombat class. Of course, it will depend on how hard you're working. If you are really interested in tracking calories burned, go ahead and purchase a heart rate monitor. It has been a great tool for me. I've lost 60 lbs in the last year, and BodyCombat has beeen a HUGE part of that. In fact, I love it so much that I recently became an instructor :)

As to how often you should do the class-- I'd recommend keeping it to 2 or 3 times a week. When you're trying to lose weight, cardio is important. But you need to be doing several types of cardio for optimal results and to protect yourself from injury!

Best of luck to you!

View as RSS news feed in XML