RPM 60

Last post 10-02-2013, 2:51 PM by tiger75. 42 replies.

Rate thread:
Sort Posts:
Previous Next
Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
  •  08-13-2013, 8:55 AM 148685 in reply to 148662

Re: RPM 60

Thanks Francois!! 

Yay- Bimbo Jones remixes.  Smile  The one thing that originally attracted to me about RPM was that it predominantly used more alternative tracks than other disciplines, so this one looks good.  I hope we get to do the "Athletic" tracks at CFP this Saturday.

BTW from my understanding (as explained by Glen last year at CFP), what LMI doesn't want posted are comments from people in NZ going to the 'working' masterclasses and revealing tracks that may or may not end up on final releases.  Although I've never been to NZ to attend these classes, apparently Glen and co. try tracks out on the participants as the release is being built... sometimes it's a NO and sometimes it's a GO, or they maybe even get held over for the following release (Raina you could probably confirm this).  Too much talk about stuff that not's formalized of course would cause a lot of confusion.

Once a release is final and out in the clubs, there's no reason why the rest of the world can't know about it.  The secrecy has absolutely no purpose if the information is already made regionally public.  Just sayin.

•  08-14-2013, 11:53 AM 148702 in reply to 148660

Thanks tiger75Big Smile
  •  08-14-2013, 4:18 PM 148704 in reply to 148702

GrandNagus:
    Thanks tiger75Big Smile

welcome :)

•  08-15-2013, 9:42 PM 148733 in reply to 148685

Larry_T:
    Although I've never been to NZ to attend these classes, apparently Glen and co. try tracks out on the participants as the release is being built... sometimes it's a NO and sometimes it's a GO, or they maybe even get held over for the following release (Raina you could probably confirm this).  Too much talk about stuff that not's formalized of course would cause a lot of confusion.
    That's correct.  Sarah O is pretty forthcoming about what tracks are potentially going to be used for releases, but she makes it very clear that it's 'potentially', and not locked in stone.

Ecuador was about 6-8 months in the making as the license for it kept getting rejected.  Admittedly, it happens less with RPM and Pump, though Jam and Combat in particular seem to fall victim to having songs pulled out at the last minute due to not being able to get the rights.  In Jam, Gandalf choreographed a contemporary rock block which he wanted to use in BODYJAM 42 with Rage against the Machine and The Prodigy.  They got the rights for RAtM, but not The Prodigy, but he kept trying and then got it in for BODYJAM 45.  In the recently filmed BODYCOMBAT 58 they switched out the music for T4 at the last minute, but word is that Dan and Rach intend to try and get the license for the same track in a future release.

Plus, even if a certain song is used at filming, during post production, a different audio layer can be applied.  RPM 49 was filmed with the original of Propane Nightmares, and RPM 58 was filmed with the original of Feel The Love. For BODYJAM 55 they filmed two completely different tracks for the recovery since they still had no idea if they were going to get clearance for them, and in one block there was a completely different song altogether in one block versus what was filmed (causing a lot of people to go "WTF is this?!  I don't remember this??" if they had attended the trial classes).

When the release is final, and that's not after it's filmed, it's when quarterlies begin, then there is no reason at that point to be chained to secrecy.  Before that, nothing is certain, a lot can happen during post production.

•  08-21-2013, 4:56 AM 148839 in reply to 148733

Happy about the use of scooter in this release :)

Hoping 60 would be better than 59...
  •  08-21-2013, 7:18 AM 148841 in reply to 148839

MsLulu:

Hoping 60 would be better than 59...

It is better than 59. :) 

•  08-22-2013, 7:04 AM 148849 in reply to 148841

Well, I didn't think I would get a release as bad as RPM 32, but I have to say this is very close. I listened to the first 4 tracks and thought, OK at least it's not worse than RPM 59. And then I heard T5 and thought WTF??? Has Glen lost his mind?

Overall, since I started teaching at RPM 40, this release IMO is at the very bottom and if this is the direction our RPM music is headed, I will seriously consider stopping my autoship. I feel I'm in touch with what my 7 weekly classes like, and so far, we've all agreed with what we like and dislike, and I'm not sure I can subject them to this release.

I know there will be many people who love this one, but I am NOT one of them. Not only is T5 the worst song I think I've heard on a release, but again - dubstep! My classes are TIRED of dubstep and when it's combined with a really crappy song it just makes it that much worse.

T3 with Scooter is the only saving grace, but it's not enough to make me even tolerate this release like I did in 59. After the first week, my classes were begging me to mix out several of those tracks.

I will also most likely get rid of this release and try to recoup some if not all of my money. After the popularity of RPM 58, I thought we are on the upswing of some great releases. After 59 and now 60, I feel I was dead wrong.

•  08-22-2013, 7:10 PM 148858 in reply to 148849

robertk184:
    And then I heard T5 and thought WTF??? Has Glen lost his mind?
    Please do not judge the release by listening to the music.  I initially didn't take to T5 either upon hearing it.  BUT.  It rides much better than it sounds.  I liken it to a T5 version of Ecuador, massive slow buildup and then you hit the beat with an almighty gear and your legs go "SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEI...."

robertk184:
    I know there will be many people who love this one, but I am NOT one of them. Not only is T5 the worst song I think I've heard on a release, but again - dubstep!
    I think you will find that this track is not dubstep, it is in fact, drum and bass.

•  08-23-2013, 6:02 AM 148869 in reply to 148849

I may have been a little harsh in my previous post, although I am not a fan of 60. I guess the popularity of 58 led me to believe we were in for better selections of music.

However, I cannot get past T5 in this release, and most likely will not ever play it, even during launch.

And I have to say, please - some better lyrics than "eh eh eh eh eh, ah ah ah ah ah" repeated over and over in T6!!

•  08-23-2013, 7:39 PM 148886 in reply to 148869

I really wish you would stop beating around the bush! do you like the music in 60 or not?!?

;)  

•  08-25-2013, 8:36 AM 148901 in reply to 148613

can't wait

Left Hug  <---- racing

Right Hug  <---- pullback climb

peaceStick out tongue

Sleep 

•  08-26-2013, 7:24 AM 148905 in reply to 148901

pullback? I am not seing that in the notes 
  •  08-26-2013, 12:13 PM 148908 in reply to 148869

I just looked at the notes before even listening to the music (talking specifically T 5) and thought "man, I sure hope the music and the ride are more exciting - because on paper this looks horrible!"

And I've now listened to the music and was NOT impressed.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to all the people who say "don't critcize until you've ridden it".  Ok - I won't formalize my opinion until after I've had a solid go at it.  But after 25 or so releases, I've found very rarely a song that I loved in the cycle room after hating it at my house. 

•  08-27-2013, 11:25 AM 148925 in reply to 148908

hollowayf:

I just looked at the notes before even listening to the music (talking specifically T 5) and thought "man, I sure hope the music and the ride are more exciting - because on paper this looks horrible!"

And I've now listened to the music and was NOT impressed.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to all the people who say "don't critcize until you've ridden it".  Ok - I won't formalize my opinion until after I've had a solid go at it.  But after 25 or so releases, I've found very rarely a song that I loved in the cycle room after hating it at my house. 

Definitely agree, but normally no matter how much I dislike a track, I always enjoy the workout. This time, not only does T5 take the #1 suck position, but the chorey looks pretty weak too.

Will I ride it? Unless my GFM says I have to for launch, the answer is no.

•  09-02-2013, 8:57 AM 149012 in reply to 148925

Has anyone done the RPM HP version yet in this release?
Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML